Sequel System: high-throughput, cost-effective access to SMRT Sequencing
The new Sequel System is based on our proven Single Molecule, Real-Time (SMRT) Sequencing technology.
Sequel SMRT Cells contain 1 million zero-mode waveguides delivering up to 10 billion bases of long-read sequence per whole-genome analysis run, and up to 20 Gb in RNA isoform sequencing (Iso-Seq).
The Sequel System is ideal for rapid and cost-effective de novo genome assembly, structural variation analysis, gene annotation, targeted analysis, and much more.
This innovative sequencing system features automated reagent and SMRT Cell handling and an integrated software suite.
The Sequel System has two primary user access points:
- Sequel touchscreen interface (for initiating and monitoring runs)
- Sequel workdeck (for loading samples, SMRT Cells, reagents, and disposables)
Additional features of the Sequel System include:
- Intuitive run setup and monitoring tools
- Run-time flexibility (from 30 minutes to 20 hours per SMRT Cell)
- Run-size flexibility (from 1 to 12 SMRT Cells per run)
- Robotic workflow management